We are looking for someone who is a corporate lawyer who will further develop the law firm's reach both in terms of bringing on board new clients and acquiring additional corporate instructions from existing clients of the firm.
Although we are open-minded as to the exact profile of this individual but the successful candidate is likely to match most of the following criteria:
- An existing corporate lawyer with at least 1 year PQE who is perhaps frustrated at a lack of career advancement at their current firm, or seeking to regularise their working hours away from the grind of large firm practice;
- Deep technical knowledge of the legalities and commercial considerations arising from complex contractual structures, and corporate and commercial transactions;
- A track record of providing corporate law advice to small and medium-sized businesses and to entrepreneurs and exposure to clients in the technology and startup sectors;
- A skill set ranging across company law, corporate advisory, private equity/venture capital and M&A;
- Some experience and familiarity in drafting/reviewing of commercial contracts and providing legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations affecting M&A and take-overs in major sectors of the Malaysia economy;
- A commitment to a collegiate approach to legal practice;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Flexible with mobility and willing to work on any assignments;
- An appreciation of business development and passion for the growth of entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem in Malaysia.
If you’d like to apply, please get in touch and send us your CV at email@example.com.
Izwan & Partners is a corporate law firm focusing on advising technology companies and startups do business and raise capital. Like Silicon Valley law firms, we also connect our clients to our network in Malaysia and overseas.